Pimp out your webpage with PimpWebPage

Google
 
Web postmodsky.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 21, 2006

snow is only frozen water


It s been a stimulating musical reawakening and rehabilitation this year. Some exciting sounds have transformed rush into my veins. And there s no need for denying for these utterly new refreshing things representing kinda electronic take of sound landscapes to a large extent. You know, if push comes to shove for choosing ball parks in a fundamental fashion. It was a couple years ago as Thom Yorke started his stated rally of enthusiasm over electronical music within various forums. Back then, I wasn t so familiar with anything whatsoever normally related with that genre. I can say I just didn t understand the whole fuss. Or felt anything. At least I do more now, to a certain degree.

Some time ago I got lost in those pages of prestigious New Musical Express, once again. I used to be quite into it, and still it s a pretty entertaining if nothing more magazine boasting british antics of rock stardom on the edge of triumphant hangover. Still, a difference remains for that as in the past I was highly motivated in receiving vibes of various new bands from those nme pages, let s say five+ years ago, now it has totally changed. Everything seems so fuckin´ boring. I did have a listen on this new generation of so called great hopes, and as a result I was amazed by an conclusion for it just not doing it for me anymore. Generally speaking, that is.

People always refer to these bands as indie pop rock whatever but for what I make of it is just that it s not that interesting. Boring songs, boring styles, boring hypes, boring words. You know, if you re gonna do folk, then do it. You re gonna rock? Rock for chrissakes! No more these lazy reworkings of semi structured sketches missing all the ambition in the world. For me it really seems of that certain spark gotten away in a british or something invasion if there ever was any. It s all the same. All the worse.

Speaking of indie rock, I find most of electronic music, among others, nowadays more indie, more rock, more whatever. It s not only about music. It s about doing things. Performing things. Saying things. Or not saying. I really don t care unless there s some genuine attitude and quality of some fuck all characteristics somewhere. And not playing it all so dully safe and mind numbing. For lifestyle wise, this concept just provides so much richer and more passionate encapsulation of inspiring living and absorbing things around. For that it s about curiosity for new locations and surroundings, adventures. Everything remains unbiased for great findings and definitive sceneries for journeys into a state of fascinating mind.

Everything said and done, here s a set of just something which I m currently drawn into, be it anything, for the time being. Let s see next year!

Joakim feat. Nicolas Ker <> Lonely Hearts

Swan Lake <> All Fires

The Shins <> Phantom Limb

Jeff Buckley <> Everybody Here Wants You

Early Day Miners <> Return of the Native

Alela Diane <> The Rifle

Aesop Rock <> Daylight

Scott Walker <> The Old Man s Back Again

Minnie Ripperton <> Lovin´ You

A Flock of Seagulls <> I Ran (So Far Away)

Freemasons feat. Amanda Wilson <> Watchin´ (Club Mix)


Hyvää Joulua ja Uutta Vuotta !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home